Friday, May 14, 2010

Reflecting back on the course:three major themes..

Reflecting back on the course, what are three major themes you would identify that connect the various topics discussed in this course – how are they connected to more than one topic, and how do they connect with what you knew before this course? What knowledge have you gained with regards to these three themes you have identified?


Well to reflect all the way back from the start of the class to now I would have to say the three of the major topics would have to be Glycolysis, transcription/translation, and cellular metabolism. I would say that they have connected with many things i have learned with Micro but more importantly they have taught me much that I didn't know.

Glycolysis: I have learned about the differences in prok./and Eukaryote and the main differences between them.
Transcription/translation: I learned between this and genetics more than I ever wanted to know ;) Between the elongation sites, to splicing factors, etc.
Cellular metabolism: I learned a lot about how it deals with cells in depth and really goes with in a layer i wasn't aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment