Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Find an Interesting Biochemistry website and put its link in this entry, then describe briefly what is found there.

http://www.asbmb.org/

The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology

The purpose of this website, which caught my interest the most, is that it is a non profit organization with the PRIMARY PURPOSE of advancing biochemistry and molecular biology.
The A.S.B.M.B do these advancing through publications of journals, conferences, journals, and symposiums which are all listed on the website. From this website you can actually watch streaming videos of these scientist, read journal articles, find research, read reviews, and so much more. The organization was founded in 1906 and have grown to have over 12,000 members now, each playing a role in the part of advancing science.

2 comments:

  1. BLOGGING IS FUN! Okay, I got that out of my system. Now it's time to be serious. I liked your choice of a non profit website. It reflects the good person that we all know you are. Though I have not fully explored your choice of site, I'm sure the conferences, journals and symposiums are out of this world, and the fact they don't take any money for the work they do is respectable. I was fascinated with the fact you can watch real videos! I'm sorry, this stuff just pumps me up! Anyway, keep up the good work, Marcus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Marcus, interesting website! I was looking over it and it seems like it has some really great interesting articles. There was also information on the awards that some of their members have won. It has links to many other scientific websites which means that it is definately working for a better good and not just out to make a profit. I hope to someday work for a non profit organization where I can make a difference doing research. Good find Marcus. :)

    ReplyDelete