Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What Knowledge have you connected with past knowledge? (Open ended)

I feel like biochemistry has connected well with many of the sciences courses I have taken. In pursuing a future in microbiology I have already learned so much about lipids, amino acids, and cellular metabolism (glycolysis, electron transport chain, Krebs cycle). These all connect to life in ways which are much more related then just a person to person basis.
Although we discussed these topics in classes such as microbiology, biology, anatomy and physiology I & II, which is why I can tell you the cycle front to back. I believe these classes gave me the back bone to be able to learn the in depth, detailed, step by step method in to which the cell is able to work and survive.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that, Krebbs cycle bring it on! I like this site overall, it has a great feel. It flows naturally from beginning to end and is esthetically pleasing to read. The images interspersed with text works really well. Nice definition about Biochemistry. Complicated animal, that definition of Biochemistry, not so easy to nail down.

    MCB

    MCB

    ReplyDelete